The Web Site contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from our Web Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information About All Jobs-Nearby Visitors
We gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may share this information with our partners, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how Jobs-Nearby visitors use our Web Site, and also create a better overall experience for you. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to Jobs-Nearby to any outside parties, except when to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or in legal proceedings when such information is relevant.
Information About You Specifically
Jobs-Nearby is a career site, we retain your personal information to assist in your career performance or management including finding or retaining work; or to facilitate other services to or by us.
For example, when you sign up to use a service, enter into a contest, or purchase a product, we collect more specific personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, qualifications or career history.
If you choose to do so we may also retain sensitive information about you such as information about your membership in a professional or trade association or trade union.
We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the Web Site, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible Web Site experience. When you grant us your permission, we will communicate with you regularly with tips, advice and survey information on using the Jobs-Nearby Web Site to maximise your career development. Jobs-Nearby also provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of communications. If you choose to receive these types of communications at the time of registration, but later decide you no longer want to receive them, simply log in to your SG.Jobs-Nearby.com account and edit your account profile.
If you input your information on a co-branded registration page, such as that of a Jobs-Nearby and partner company-sponsored contest, then your information will be collected, used and becomes the property of both Jobs-Nearby and the partner co-sponsoring the contest. In that instance, Jobs-Nearby is not responsible for the information that the partner company receives or how it is used.
If you do not provide us with the information sought in the required fields Jobs-Nearby may be limited in its ability to provide you with services.
Use and Disclosure of the Information We Collect
We use the information we gather on the Web Site, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of operating and improving the Web Site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
If you have provided consent for us to do so, we may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Web Site to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered. We may also provide additional communications, promotions and information on new Jobs-Nearby opportunities and additional job postings which may be of interest to you. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you.
In addition, at the time of registration for an account, you have the option to elect or not elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions, including without limitation, free informational newsletters from us relating to topics that may be of special interest to you, such as career management advice.
Choices regarding the disclosure of personal information to others
1. We disclose your personal data to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Web Site when you apply for those jobs.
2. We disclose information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a Jobs-Nearby account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third-party.
3. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as may necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
4. We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
5. We disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event we become the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via e-mail or through a prominent notice posted on the Web Site.
Your personal data will be searchable by employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resource professionals who pay for access to our job seekers database and your personal data. We use our best efforts to restrict access to our database only to those who have paid for access; these parties may retain a copy of your data in their own files or databases. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that parties other than those mentioned above will not, without our consent, gain access to this database. However Jobs-Nearby is not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of data by any third parties. You agree that we may share your information with our affiliated companies. You may remove your data from our searchable database at any time.
Updating Account Information
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Jobs-Nearby allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your Jobs-Nearby account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
Access to Personal Information
We retain indefinitely all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of the Web Site more efficient, practical and relevant. You can delete your personal information from Jobs-Nearby's online database, close your account at any time in which event we will remove all personal information and your account information from the Web Site, except for an archival copy which is not accessible on the internet.
We cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your personal details and credit card information. When we receive your order, it is kept encrypted until we are ready to process it. We will take reasonable steps to keep the information you provide us with secure.
The information you provide is stored on the Jobs-Nearby database. To provide you with the highest quality service the Jobs-Nearby database is located in Singapore. When providing information you agree this may be transferred to our overseas database.
Jobs-Nearby has areas on the Web Site where you can submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of Jobs-Nearby. We may use this feedback at any time for any purposes, such as success stories for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the Web Site.
We do not specifically collect information about children. We believe that children should get their parents’ consent before giving out personal information. If you are concerned about your child's use of Jobs-Nearby, we encourage you to use Web filtering technology to supervise your child's access to the Web Site. We also encourage you to participate in your child's experience with Jobs-Nearby. With a little guidance, the Web Site can prove very useful in finding a part time or summer job for your child, as well as providing them with excellent career counselling information.